September 11-13, 2014 Charlotte, NC
A generalist conference featuring 60+ diverse speakers sharing ideas and conversations about user experience, design, front-end and back-end development.Buy a Ticket
A slightly different spin on web conferences
- No Devices Wait. What? You read that right. We're going to rip you apart from the technology you love so much. Laptops, tablets and phones won't be allowed to be used during the conference sessions.
- Custom Notebooks We're going analog. Each attendee will receive a nice, custom BlendConf notebook along with something fancy to write with. You'll thank us later.
- Diversity We've spent fair amount of time curating speakers. We're talking basically a 50/50 male/female speaker ratio. You're going to really like these folks.
- 60+ Speakers Some of the finest practitioners in user experience, design, and web development will be joining us to share some amazing ideas.
- 48 Talks Over the 2 conference days there will be 48 talks total spread across 4 tracks. Pick and choose the topics that you find interesting.
- 8 Workshops A full day of hands-on workshops that'll make your brain catch fire.
60+ speakers covering user experience, development, and design
We wanted some of the smartest & nicest folks in our industry to come to Charlotte. Boy were we excited when they said yes. Prepare to have your brains filled with some most excellent knowledge.
- Aaron Gustafson Easy Designs
- Abby Covert IA Institute
- Adam Hunter Tax Management Associates
- Alex Gaynor Rackspace
- Allison House
- Angel Anderson Crispin Porter + Bogusky
- Anton Repponen Fi
- Ben Lehnert Wunderlist
- Brad Weaver Nine Labs
- Cat Noone Liberio
- Chris Coyier Codepen
- Clarissa Peterson Peterson/Kandy
- Claudina Sarahe OddBird
- Clinton Dreisbach The Iron Yard
- Christy Harner Binary Ventures
- Dan Denny Envy Labs
- Darcy Clarke
- Diana Lucaci True Impact
- Eric M Suzanne Oddbird
- Garrett Johnson Segment.io
- Greg Hoy Happy Cog
- Heather O'Neill Above the Fold
- Heather Payne HackerYou
- Irene Pereyra Fi
- J. Cornelius Nine Labs
- Jason Toth Viget
- Jason Hunter Red Ventures
- Jen Myers Dev Bootcamp
- Jen Simmons The Web Ahead
- Jennifer Pahlka Code for America
- Jessie Shternshus The Improv Effect
- Julia Elman The Iron Yard
- Kimberly Bryant Black Girls Code
- Laura Helen Winn Smart Design
- Leah Silber Tilde Inc
- Lisa Maria Martin Independent Content Strategist
- Mark Boulton Mark Boulton Design
- Mark Geyer Salesforce
- Mark Shropshire Classic Graphics
- Mark Wilson Logical Advantage
- Martha Girdler Uber
- Melissa Avery-Weir Future Proof Games
- Michael Labriola Digital Primates
- Michelle Yaiser Adobe
- Mike Monteiro Mule Design
- Moses Ngone Nine Labs
- Netta Marshall Watsi
- Nicole Fenton Swell Content
- Pamela Pavliscak Change Sciences
- Paul Boag Headscape
- Paul Trani Adobe
- Rachel Ober Paperless Post
- Rebecca Murphey BazaarVoice
- Scott Stroud NPR
- Scott Hanselman Microsoft
- Sophie Shepherd Happy Cog
- Sougwen Chung Freelance
- Stacey Mulcahy Microsoft
- Steve Klabnik Balanced
- Tiffany Chu Code for America
- Val Head Ladies in Tech
An amazing 3-day schedule
Each day of our web conference has 4 tracks going on at the same time covering user experience, design, and front-end and back-end development.
Thursday, Sept. 11th
During our workshop day there are 8 half-day workshops to choose from. 4 in the morning and 4 in the evening. You can choose 2.
Friday, Sept. 12th
The conference day is jam packed with two amazing keynote speakers and 24 sessions you can choose from.
Saturday, Sept. 13th
Our blend day is something special. You still have 24 sessions to choose from but talks are aimed at helping you discover your inner generalist.
Classic Venue & Hotel in Downtown Charlotte
The conference will be held at The Charlotte Sheraton Hotel. The room block has expired but they should still have room. To make a reservation call their reservations desk 1-800-325-3535 and let them know you're booking a room for "Blend Conference".Things to Do in Charlotte
Incredibly supportive sponsors that we love
We think sponsorship should be more than just a link and logo on a website. If you're looking to put your sponsorship dollars to use we have a few pretty nifty ideas to get you noticed and be a fun experience for our attendees. If you aren't boring you should contact us.View the Prospectus